About this site: My postings are a combination of general information on the topic of Intimate relationships and all that goes wrong too often and research articles on related topics. I love research and I work as a a professional in the field of therapy and mental health. My writings are inspired by what I have read and the experiences of my clients as well as my own.
I have written mostly about the hurt done to a spouse and a relationship when one partner goes outside the committed relationship for sex and emotional intimacy, without the knowledge of their spouse.
You will also find some poems and some stuff with dark humour. I believe that after all…we need to be able to laugh to get through!
These are some of the topics I wrote about:
- Vulnerable relationships
- Type of relationships and degree of trouble
- Preventing troubles
- Emotional affairs
- Porn, the good, the bad and the ugly
- Social media
- Personality: Megalomaniacs and Sociopaths.
- Different types of cheaters
- Healing, doing the work (penance) and being HONEST!
- Triggers and how to deal with them
- Having good physical intimacy (yes SEX with your own partner!)
- Understanding how affairs happen in pretty good marriages, but of which at least one partner is the solo-thinker (i.e. being self-centered)
- The forgotten part: Our memory is not a data storage system…healing relies upon how we perceive our memories…as narratives that can be helpful but can also create stuckness and bitterness
- The road to recovery
- Thinking about our children and how to ease their pain
- Research on the myths of generational differences
- Narcissism, Selfies and the Social media users
- The DSM-5 and some Diagnoses that are not very well understood.
- Similarities PTSD and Post Adultery Trauma and Stress
- Therapy, the helpful therapists and the not-so-helpful